How Do I Install the DTE Base Unit and Cordless Handsets?
- Please follow the Panasonic KX-TGP550 Installation Guide. Installation Guide
- Optimal placement of the Base Unit is important for the best quality and range for the Cordless Handsets.
- The Base Unit needs to be connected to power and a wired Internet connection. For optimal performance, the Base Unit should be installed in a central, elevated location, free of obstructions. Best performance will occur if the Base Unit is placed away from: automatic doors, fire alarms, TVs, radios, PCs, wireless devices, electrical appliances
- The charger for the Cordless Handsets can be placed anywhere they can connect to AC power.
- The charger can be wall mounted.
- The Cordless Handsets/Desktop Phones use DECT technology
- DECT – Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications
- DECT range = 100m outdoors, less indoors depending on walls and other interference.
- DECT does not interfere with WIFI or other wireless devices.
How Do I Add/Register a Cordless Handset?
- Your Panasonic KX-TGP550 comes with one Cordless Handset.
- Additional Cordless Handsets can be added, for a maximum of six Cordless Handsets.
- To add/register a new Cordless Handset to your base:
- From the Handset press Menu using the center of the joystick.
- Select Initial Settings (tool icon) then scroll to Registration on the Handset.
- Select Register handset.
- On the Base Unit, press and hold the ALL button for 4 seconds. The status indicator will then turn red.
- When the handset starts ringing, press the ALL button on the base unit.
- Press OK on the handset and hold until a long beep sounds.
- When the handset has been registered successfully with the base unit, the indicator in the top left of the
handset will change to.